- Up to 50% saving compared to complete window replacement.
- 25% of all heat in your home is lost through inefficient glazing.
- Did you know that you could reduce the amount of heat that’s lost through the windows in your home by up to a staggering 75%.
- Up to 75% more efficient than standard double glazing.
- Suitable for uPVC, timber and aluminium windows.
Best of all, you don’t even have to replace your existing frames, providing they are still in good condition – only the glass that goes in them. The result is a warmer, cosier house and, of course, some potentially significant savings on your fuel bills.
How does Pilkington energiKare Glass work?
Pilkington energiKare™ is made from two special types of glass – Pilkington Low e Glass™, which stops heat escaping from homes, and Pilkington Optiwhite™ which increases the amount of free solar energy that passes through the glass into the home. This means there are two distinct differences between Pilkington energiKare™ and non low-e double glazing.
- Pilkington energiKare™ reduces the amount of heat lost through the glazing in your home.
- Pilkington energiKare™ allows more heat (energy) from the sun to pass through your windows and into your home. This is known as solar gain, and the effects will be felt in your home all year round.
Just how energy-efficient is Pilkington energiKare™?
This image shows you just how effective Pilkington energiKare™ is at reducing heat loss through your windows.
The upstairs windows are fitted with Pilkington energiKare™, and the green/blue colour shows they’re losing very little heat. Compare that with the red colour of the downstairs windows, and you can clearly see the benefits of using Pilkington energiKare™